Pages

Saturday, November 24, 2012

16. Red Oak Amber Lager


Red Oak (http://www.redoakbrewery.com) is a brewery located in North Carolina, in the Triad (Burlington) area.  Their flagship brew is the Amber Lager.  My first experience with Red Oak was in Wilmington as I helped myself to a beer while I waited for some food that I ordered to-go.  Had other experiences at a Kickback Jack's and a 12 oz bottle given to me by a buddy.

Every time I've had their amber lager, I've been amazed by the smoothness and deliciousness of the beer.  Very easy to drink.  I can usually get a two finger head that dissipates quickly.  The red tinged copper color looks good.  I can taste a metallic twang every once in a while.  That might be off-putting for some, but for whatever reason, I really enjoy it.  

I can expect to pay a pretty penny to get a 12 pack of this stuff, but it currently sits as my preferred daily drinker.  It's that good, in my eyes.  Obviously, taste is subjective, and someone might object.  That said, as much as I like it, part of the fun is in finding that drink that will knock this one off of its perch.  Here's to hunting!

Grade: A
Price Paid: $2.50 (Draught Pint)

No comments:

Post a Comment